Sunday, February 13, 2011

Doll Quilt Swap 10, the thrid

 

I had this fun idea for a Doll Quilt Swap Quilt.  Its little, its hexagons, and its bright blue + Art Gallery Fabrics + USAF uniform. It was just a matter of time before I got those fun USAF hexagons into a modern design.

I think making these small quilted items are just so fast and quick.  (Once those crazy hexagons are prepared.) They use up fabric scraps, let you try different quilting methods and finish up quickly.  This doll quilt is very jen-centric.  It has Art Gallery Fabrics + USAF hexies + pale blue.  I might keep this one, too.




Man, I'm not a very good swapper if I want to keep everything!  HA!  Ok, but honestly, the blue background in this doll quilt is broadcloth (50% poly/50% cotton) so that means I'm not allowed to swap it since it's not 100% cotton.  Shame.... 

Get your own 1 1/2" hexagon paper for English Paper Piecing, here.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: